Postcards



Have you ever received/sent a postcard? 
It should be on your bucket list!!!

Home
 
Nowadays with the "digital thingy" the feeling of getting a postcard/letter from someone is slightly different from getting SMS, e-mail, Facebook message, mention or DM in Twitter. Of course, what matters is the content. It's not funny to receive by post an invoice to be paid :-P just saying...

I have always loved postcarts and letters. I remember I used to had an overseas pen pal. Her name was Sandrine and was (is?) living in France. We exchanged some letters when I was learning French. I don't know what happened to her, at some point we stop sending letters. Oh gosh! That was like almost 20 years from now ( ._.)

I also use postcards as souvenirs for myself. I like to buy a postcard, write something and send it to me. Yes, ME (but i alsolike to send postcards to friends, as souvenirs). I am old-fashioned, what can I do? I find so much joy when getting a postcard or letter writen by me describing experiences, moments in such places, feelings. I also LOVE when I get postcards/cards from people. I treasure them!
 
In 2004 I went to Paris for 6 weeks. I wrote letters to me, I draw (or tried at least) things that would help me remember such moments. I might do it because I sometimes forget things, and when I open the letters or go through those postcards is like a huge smile appears in my face :-D. Such a shame I haven't those letters with me now so I can share a picture.


What I can share is part of my postcards wall :-D I have postcards sent by  friends, family and myself. Sometimes I like to take then off the walls and read them, so much nice thoughts and words. 

Santiago de Compostela/ X-mas 2011/ Tallin / Linköping / Lapland

London / Paris / Monterrey / Puerto Vallarta

Pachuca / Málaga / Lapland / Vaasa / Teotihuacan / Stockholm

For me, sending a postcard to someone is not just buy one, write something and pay the fee. I think about the person and what kind of postcard I want to send to him/her, dedicate few minutes at least to write for them and then yes... send it!

If I had asked you for your address there is a high probability that I sent you already a postcard. If not, send a DM on twitter and let's see what can be done. I don't always know what do people do with the postcards I sent, maybe put them in a box, a wall at home, at office, in the middle of a book, a special place, who knows? :-)

P.S. There is something happening with post and exchange of 'things'. Will tell you later :-)


"I can't lie no more, I can't hide no more, got to be true to myself"
[Alex Clare - Too close]